Christmas coconut treats.
Illustration by Emma Finn @lick_the_hand
It’s no secret that we love to indulge over the holiday season with lots of food. Christmas dinners, cakes and cocktails. But be careful, there are many foods that are dangerous to dogs so be sure to keep these out of reach from your pups, that includes our yummy Turkey and gravy, this Is a big no no. So, we’ve put together a yummy recipe for your pup! Dog friendly homemade coconut Christmas treats.
55g Oats (blended)
120g Wholemeal spelt flour
35g Peanut butter
25g Desiccated coconut
½ tsp Cinnamon
3 tbsp Coconut oil
½ - 1 Cup water
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Combine Flour, oats, cinnamon and small amount of water to a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the peanut butter, 2 tbsp coconut oil and egg together in a bowl then mix well.
- Now combine the wet mixture of peanut butter, coconut oil and egg to the dry mixture to the dry mix of flour, oats and cinnamon until you have a firm dough, add more water as needed.
- Lightly flour surface then roll out dough and cut out shapes.
- Place the cookies onto the lined baking tray.
- Then bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack then leave to cool.
If you would like to decorate these follow steps below.
- To make the topping Combine 1 tbsp Coconut oil and 150g yogurt, then insert into pipping bag or pipping bottle.
- Now you can get festive and decorate the biscuits.
Making sure the cookies are completely cooled down now it’s time for the dogs to enjoy their treats!
Trying this recipe at home? Make sure you tag us on Instagram @barkandtumble so we can see your creations.
This year we are lucky enough to team up with the incredible self-confessed crazy dog lady and full-time illustrator Beth Goodwin. Beth Goodwin creates her amazing artwork from her studio in Somer...Read more
We teamed up with the amazing illustrator and graphic designer Anna Micheloni. To create us an illustration to celebrate pancake day 2023. After the initial brief Anna went to create her magic. W...Read more
Leave a comment